- What is Attribution in Marketing?Posted 3 years ago
- Best Global Brands of 2013Posted 3 years ago
- iOS 7 and the Apple GeekPosted 4 years ago
- Top 3 Reasons to Implement a Distributed Marketing Management PlatformPosted 4 years ago
- Public Relations Dictates Your Reputation In The Online WorldPosted 4 years ago
What is Marketing Channel?
Also known as ‘Channel of Distribution’ or ‘Distribution Channel”, a marketing channel is the path through which goods/services flow from one end to another(marketer to consumer), and monetary flow happens the other way around(consumer to marketer).
A marketing channel can be short, i.e. Manufacturer to Consumer, or a long chain, involving many intermediaries Manufacturer to wholesaler to a retailer, before reaching the final consumer. Each link in the chain recieves the product at one pricing point and forwards it to the next link at a higher pricing point making his margin.