- What is Attribution in Marketing?Posted 3 years ago
- Best Global Brands of 2013Posted 3 years ago
- iOS 7 and the Apple GeekPosted 4 years ago
- Top 3 Reasons to Implement a Distributed Marketing Management PlatformPosted 4 years ago
- Public Relations Dictates Your Reputation In The Online WorldPosted 4 years ago
What is Market Intelligence?
Market intelligence, is a branch of market research, which involves the collation and analysis of relevant data or information about certain markets. While market research is a more consumer oriented method, market intelligence involves the collation of data from different sources like trade bodies, business journals, personal interviews with business contacts, company accounts, official statistics, or category specific websites.
Market intelligence gives a broader analysis of markets, consumer trends, and also sector/industry specific data such as market share, market segmentation, and market size. Industry wide reports, country wide consumer attitudes, etc., are the end products of market intelligence.
Market intelligence is not the same as Marketing Intelligence (MI), or Business Intelligence (BI).