- What is Attribution in Marketing?Posted 3 years ago
- Best Global Brands of 2013Posted 3 years ago
- iOS 7 and the Apple GeekPosted 4 years ago
- Top 3 Reasons to Implement a Distributed Marketing Management PlatformPosted 4 years ago
- Public Relations Dictates Your Reputation In The Online WorldPosted 4 years ago
What is demarketing?
Demarketing is the exact opposite of marketing. Demarketing involves efforts which try to discourage (not completely nullify) the demand for a product. Demarketing might be employed when the marketer is not able to either supply in large quantities or in cases where the marketer does not want to supply to a particular region because of high distribution costs.
Common demarketing strategies are high price, very low advertising spend, or offering a different product altogether.