- What is Attribution in Marketing?Posted 3 years ago
- Best Global Brands of 2013Posted 3 years ago
- iOS 7 and the Apple GeekPosted 4 years ago
- Top 3 Reasons to Implement a Distributed Marketing Management PlatformPosted 4 years ago
- Public Relations Dictates Your Reputation In The Online WorldPosted 4 years ago
What is a Captive Market?
A captive market is a market, where the consumers do not have many suppliers to choose from. Their only choice is to buy what is available or not to make any purchase at all. This is applicable to a market which experiences a monopoly or oligopoly.
Captive markets experience high prices and less choice. Classic examples of captive markets are food courts in malls, airports, or movie complexes.