- What is Attribution in Marketing?Posted 2 years ago
- Best Global Brands of 2013Posted 2 years ago
- iOS 7 and the Apple GeekPosted 2 years ago
- Top 3 Reasons to Implement a Distributed Marketing Management PlatformPosted 2 years ago
- Public Relations Dictates Your Reputation In The Online WorldPosted 2 years ago
What is ‘Bargain Bin’ in Retailing Terminology?
Bargain bin refers to a selection of unsorted merchandise that that is discounted in price and is kept separately in a retail store, typically in a separate bin. There can be many reasons for discounting such goods:
- The items are out of fashion and not popular anymore
- They are of low quality
- The production company has discontinued producing such items
The term “bargain basement” is also used synonymously with bargain bin. The term “basement” may also be used figuratively to refer to the area of the department store or supermarket where clearance merchandise is stocked and sold and cheap prices, regardless of which section of the store it originally came from.
The term bargain bin may also be used figuratively to stores that sell cheap discounted goods.