- What is Attribution in Marketing?Posted 3 years ago
- Best Global Brands of 2013Posted 3 years ago
- iOS 7 and the Apple GeekPosted 4 years ago
- Top 3 Reasons to Implement a Distributed Marketing Management PlatformPosted 4 years ago
- Public Relations Dictates Your Reputation In The Online WorldPosted 4 years ago
What is Direct Marketing?
Direct marketing is a sales technique whereby the seller contacts the customers directly, without any channel intervention. The common methods of direct marketing are telephone sales, solicited or unsolicited mails, catalogues, leaflets, brochures, and coupons.
Direct marketing is successful in situations where other conventional advertising channels do not aid in targeting the right group of customers. Direct marketing also involves the creation, and maintenance of a large database of information about prospective clients. These databases may also be sold or shared among other direct marketing companies.