- What is Attribution in Marketing?Posted 3 years ago
- Best Global Brands of 2013Posted 3 years ago
- iOS 7 and the Apple GeekPosted 4 years ago
- Top 3 Reasons to Implement a Distributed Marketing Management PlatformPosted 4 years ago
- Public Relations Dictates Your Reputation In The Online WorldPosted 4 years ago
Winning The Zero Moment of Truth (ZMOT)
In 2011, Google launched a website and released an ebook that talked about how people’s buying decisions are changing drastically and how people are seeking (and getting) more and more information about products and brand before they actually encounter the brand physically in a store or the place where the service is delivered. Google called this pre-first-encounter phase as the Zero Moment of Truth or simply ZMOT.
Couple of years down the line, ZMOT is now a concept understood and appreciated much better and adopted much better than the previous years. We have all seen and experienced the power of search engine recommendations, social media suggestions, product reviews or peer endorsements, all of which are part of the strategy to win the ZMOT.
So essentially, winning the Zero Moment of Truth, boils down to creating great content and conversations around your brand and making them available online to the right people at the right time.
Given below are 2 infographics from Media Mosaic. The first one explains more about the impact of ZMOT on shopping behavior and the second one talks about a differentiated content strategy to have a better scope of winning the zero moment of truth.