- What is Attribution in Marketing?Posted 11 months ago
- Best Global Brands of 2013Posted 11 months ago
- iOS 7 and the Apple GeekPosted 1 year ago
- Top 3 Reasons to Implement a Distributed Marketing Management PlatformPosted 1 year ago
- Public Relations Dictates Your Reputation In The Online WorldPosted 1 year ago
What is Umbrella Branding?
An umbrella branding strategy, is a marketing practice that involves selling many related products under a single brand name. Unlike individual product branding, which uses different brand names for different products, umbrella branding uses a single brand name, and in some cases logo, for different products.
Umbrella branding offers several benefits to marketers. They include
- Extra Brand Creation not required
- Single spend on advertising (for all products)
- Dependant perception: The perception depends on the main brand
- Easier launch of new products
- Better response to new products when compared to individual branding