- What is Attribution in Marketing?Posted 3 years ago
- Best Global Brands of 2013Posted 3 years ago
- iOS 7 and the Apple GeekPosted 4 years ago
- Top 3 Reasons to Implement a Distributed Marketing Management PlatformPosted 4 years ago
- Public Relations Dictates Your Reputation In The Online WorldPosted 4 years ago
What is Above the Line (ATL) Communication?
Above the line (or ATL) is just the opposite of below the line communication. It is advertising through the typical mass media channels like television, print, outdoor, cinema, etc.
ATL communication is conventional and impersonal in nature. It does not address individual needs or seeks to induce the audience to take any action. It’s primary objective is awareness and brand building.
Another way of looking at ATL communication as opposed to BTL communication is whether the advertising agency will make any commission from the marketing activity. ATL communication involves releasing ads in the mass media and thus involves commission for the agency involved, whereas BTL communication activities don’t involve any media spend and thus no commission for the agency.