- What is Attribution in Marketing?Posted 3 years ago
- Best Global Brands of 2013Posted 3 years ago
- iOS 7 and the Apple GeekPosted 4 years ago
- Top 3 Reasons to Implement a Distributed Marketing Management PlatformPosted 4 years ago
- Public Relations Dictates Your Reputation In The Online WorldPosted 4 years ago
What is Embedded Marketing?
Embedded Marketing, or Product Placement, is a form of advertising, where branded goods are placed in a medium usually devoid of any ads. These include movies, music videos, televison shows, sports, or even news programs. The product placement is often not disclosed at the time when the same is featured.
Un-missable product placements include Aston Martin cars in Bond movies, and the Audi R8 in Iron Man Series. Automobiles, consumer electronics and computers, food and drink, and tobacco are the most placed product categories. The practice became common in the 1990s, when the importance of such placement came to the fore.