- What is Attribution in Marketing?Posted 3 years ago
- Best Global Brands of 2013Posted 3 years ago
- iOS 7 and the Apple GeekPosted 4 years ago
- Top 3 Reasons to Implement a Distributed Marketing Management PlatformPosted 4 years ago
- Public Relations Dictates Your Reputation In The Online WorldPosted 4 years ago
What is Below the Line (BTL) Communication?
Below-the-line (or BTL) communication generally refers to marketing/sales communications that do not use mass media channels. BLT is niche focused and can be used both for brand building and for sales promotion. BTL communication allows the marketer to engage the target audience in a more personal manner than mass media, thereby tailoring the communication message to their needs.
BTL communication can involve any kind of non-mass media communication and sales promotion tactics like price discounts, point of sale displays, product sampling, discounts and incentives to channel partners, corporate events, direct marketing, etc.
BTL communication strategy is beneficial for sales promotion and for brands which have limited reach thereby allowing them to have more engagement with their audience.